Wednesday, October 30, 2013

[x86] (1) Preliminary

1.5 Year as DELL Commercial NB ODM BIOS RD in Foxconn
0.5 Year as DELL Commercial NB IBV BIOS RD in American Megatrends inc
1.5 Year as NB BIOS Security Features RD Leader (see my digital signature on various projects) in worldwide PC/NB OEM

I spend my first 3.5 years career life as a full time NB BIOS RD crossing OEM/ODM/IBV, and I now feel like I shall share all my experience and knowledge that some might not do so. I hope the upcoming footprints I revealed would help others to better understand the BIOS industry and it would be my career marks as well.

Feel free to ask me any questions whatever how technical it would be, such as "What is the main purpose of Security Boot/ TPM/ HSM/ Trusted Chain/ Measure Boot/ BIOS Guard/ Boot Guard?" Any confusing security features involved in NB/ BIOS, I could give you all-you-can-eat answers full of sarcasm. :)

Anyway, it's just the official beginning of my blog life, cheers and wish me luck. I'm ready to share and learn new stuff as a pure indie engineer now.

2 comments: